The following article is from Healthline, outlining the positive effects CBD can have on those who suffer from eczema.
Eczema, also known as atopic dermatitis, is a common skin condition that causes red, itchy, and inflamed patches of skin.
It can be quite painful and uncomfortable, leading you to search for a cream or ointment for some relief.
Can CBD actually help treat eczema?
Right now, there are only a few studies on topical CBD use for people with skin conditions like eczema.
In a small anecdotal 2019 study, participants applied topical CBD-enriched ointment to their affected skin twice daily for 3 months.
After the 3-month period, participants saw improvement in their inflammatory skin symptoms.
Researchers concluded that topical use of CBD ointment (without any THC) is safe, effective, and can be used as a noninvasive alternative for improving inflammatory skin conditions like eczema.
In a small observational 2020 study, participants with self-reported eczema used CBD cream and then reported their symptoms. Fifty percent of participants reported that their eczema improved by more than 60 percent.
Keep in mind that, so far, research on CBD for eczema is limited. More research and larger human studies are needed to determine CBD’s safety and efficacy for eczema.
How To Choose the Best CBD Creams for Eczema
Some criteria to follow when choosing a safe, quality CBD product are as follows:
- Made by a company that provides proof of third-party testing by an ISO 17025-compliant lab
- Made by a company that discloses the source of their hemp
- Contains no more than 0.3 percent THC, according to the certificate of analysis (COA)
- Passes tests for pesticides, heavy metals, and molds, according to the COA
- The company’s certifications and manufacturing processes
- Product potency
- Overall ingredients
- Indicators of user trust and brand reputation, such as:
- customer reviews
- whether the company has been subject to a
Food and Drug Administration (FDA) warning letterTrusted Source
- whether the company makes any unsupported health claims
We are so proud to say SWISS 1876 both follows and exceeds this criteria. Your wellness is our focus, we want to provide you with a safe and trusted product. Buy CBD online now!
Mona, B. (2022, March 24). 6 best CBD creams for eczema of 2022. Healthline. Retrieved November 18, 2022, from https://www.healthline.com/health/cbd-cream-for-eczema#our-picks